Representatives from the incoming GPH Panel and the NDFP Panel held exploratory talks on June 14-15, 2016, in Oslo, Norway under the facilitation of the Royal Norwegian Government as Third Party Facilitator for the talks, and agreed on the following:
- Formal peace talks will resume in the third week of July 2016 in Oslo, Norway and shall be conducted in accordance with previously signed agreements by the Parties.
- The Parties will discuss the following agenda items during the resumption of the formal talks:
- Affirmation of previously signed agreements;
- Accelerated process for negotiations, including the timeline for the completion of the remaining substantive agenda for the talks: socio-economic reforms; political and constitutional reforms; and end of hostilities and disposition of forces;
- Reconstitution of the Joint Agreement on Safety and Immunity Guarantees (JASIG) list.
- Amnesty Proclamation for the release of all detained political prisoners, subject to concurrence by Congress.
- Mode of interim ceasefire.
- The GPH Panel will recommend to President Duterte the following:
- Immediate release of NDFP consultants and other JASIG protected persons in accordance with the JASIG to enable them to participate in the peace negotiations.
- Immediate release of prisoners/detainees based on humanitarian grounds.
We sign this joint statement for authentication purposes of what was discussed and approved in Oslo, Norway, this 15th day of June 2016.
SILVESTRE H. BELLO III
Incoming GPH Panel Chairperson
LUIS G. JALANDONI
NDFP Panel Chairperson
HERNANI A. BRAGANZA
FIDEL V. AGCAOILI
JESUS G. DUREZA
Incoming Presidential Adviser
JOSE MARIA SISON
Chief Political Consultant on the Peace Process NDFP Panel
AMB. ELISABETH SLATTUM
Special Envoy to the Philippine Peace Process
Royal Norwegian Government